Fall in the Field Cancellation Policy
Fall in the Field offers engaging and memorable outdoor experiences for Southern Oregon students. We strive to offer our programs rain or shine. However, we understand that there are risks associated with using the outdoors as a classroom, and there are unforeseeable circumstances that may prevent groups from coming to their field trips.
Please review our cancellation policy below:
If inclement weather or hazardous environmental conditions are in the forecast, we will explore available options, such as rescheduling if other dates are available or virtual programming. If extreme weather conditions exist on the scheduled program day, the Fall in the Field staff will contact the teacher by 7am and jointly make the decision to cancel, modify, or reschedule the program. Please DO NOT assume your program is canceled due to inclement weather. We encourage students and chaperones to dress appropriately for the weather. That means dressing for rain, wind, snow, or shine! All cancellations made 15 days or more prior to the program date will be treated the same. See table below for details on our extreme weather policy and refund policy.
All cancellations made 1 – 14 days prior to the program date will be classified as either “RELATED to” or “UNRELATED to” safety parameters and treated accordingly. See the table below.
“RELATED to safety parameters” cancellations are those required by federal, state, district, school, and university safety guidelines. They include circumstances related to COVID-19 and extreme weather such as hazardous smoke. All other cancellations will be considered “UNRELATED to safety parameters”.
Please contact our office to discuss these items for accommodations as soon as they are brought to your facility’s attention.
If you cancel your day program reservation:
|15 days (2 weeks) or more before program date||Refund minus $50 non-refundable cancellation fee|
|1-14 days before program date, for reasons UNRELATED to safety parameters previously outlined||No refund|
|1-14 days before program date, for reasons RELATED to safety parameters previously outlined||Refund minus $50 non-refundable cancellation fee|
Programs will run rain or shine, but in the case of extreme weather program relocation may be necessary. If extreme weather conditions exist on the scheduled program day, the Fall in the Field staff will contact the teacher by 7am. Extreme weather conditions that may warrant relocation includes:
- Air quality index above 151 ppm (index is lower for sensitive groups)
- Fire in immediate area
- Thunderstorms with lightning
- Extreme heat (above 100℉ heat index at program site)
- Extreme cold (below 20℉)
- Dangerous driving conditions (i.e. snow or ice)
If teachers decide to cancel due to inclement but not extreme weather, they will not be eligible for a refund.
- If students arrive for their program without the required completed and signed waiver forms or without the appropriate chaperone ratio as discussed in your Teacher Packets, we will be unable to offer our program to them until the forms are completed or chaperones are provided.
- SOU’s Fall in the Field will observe all current state and federal COVID guidelines throughout our program, and will require all participants to also observe state and federal mandates in place at the time of your program participation.
- If your school requires specific accommodations related to COVID or otherwise, Fall in the Field will need to receive this information 2 weeks prior to your program in order to meet these accommodations. Please feel welcome to contact us at any time to discuss.